Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Comment on Batman continuity

This was written in response of the second Robin, aka Jason Todd, returning to life
...

Jason Todd died. I watched as he was murdered at the hands of the Joker. I watched as that madman beat him to death with a crowbar. I saw him get blown up. I watched it. He died. As a matter of fact, I paid 13 bucks to watch him die. $13 well spent.
But comic book authors so often have trouble with letting sleeping dogs die, so what do they do? They bring him back. I know Jeph Loeb could be held almost solely responsible for this, but I don't blame him. He has talent. And I like his work. But all these people that brought Todd back to life are foolish for doing so. Honestly, why? Why take one of the most important events in all of the Dark Knight's career and dump all over it? I'll admit, I haven't read any of these stories, and when I do if I change my mind I will make rebuttal for this paltry facebook note, but I just don't like the idea. It seems cheap, gimmicky, and stupid and I wish it hadn't happened.
Not that I have to respect that it did, but I wish it hadn't.

No comments: